Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saved the day

We got granite
My dog is pretty

Pebbles is smart too. She knows a lot of tricks.
Our Backyard
Next to our front door.
Backyard plants again
Our new flower bed


Thanks for the tree Bryan and Pam

Today I was coming home from ace hardware. I was a minute away from home when I looked over and saw this dog smelling the bushes. Since I am a dog owner I hate seeing a dog stray. Every time I do I always try my best to help the dog find its owner....
I pulled over  on the opposite side of the street and parked. There was a truck coming from down the street so I was waiting for the truck to go by before I called the dog. Well the dog saw me and started crossing the street right as the truck was passing us... it was a very very close call for the dog. She almost got hit by the truck going 40 mph.
Long story short the dog ran to me and I grabbed her and put her in the front seat of Brandon's truck. I called Brandon and told him I was on my way with a dog that I was trying to save so naturally he was waiting for me in the driveway. We put her in the backyard. She was only wearing a rabies tag so Brandon called the number on it and left a message saying we had found a dog and to call us back.
This all happend about 12 ish. Pebbles wasn't very happy about me bringing another dog home at first. They sniffed each other out and then they were fine with seeing each other but Pebbles still did not want her around. Finally around 2 I decided I would call her Lucky since she was. She was a very well trained and loved dog you could tell...

We finally got a call back at 4 saying that the dog was in the system and they would contact the owner so that they could come pick her up from our house. Right after Brandon hung up with the owner the dogs started playing together. It was like they both understood. Lucky probably thought oh thank god my owner is coming. Pebbles probably thought yes, she is not staying here. So this is what happend they started chasing each other around the yard and then Lucky jumped in the pool and then Pebbles followed. They played like this for about 20 minutes and then it was time for Lucky to go home because her owner rang the door bell.
Pebbles was sad after Lucky left and the funny thing is the dogs name turned out to be CASEY.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great dog story. I can't believe the dog was actually named casey too,(although, not near as cute as our casey!).
    PS Love the granite. Your almost through. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh! What a good person you are! And your house and yard looks FABULOUS!!!!! I can't wait to come back and visit again soon! By the way...your dog is pretty! (That was my favorite caption)!

    ReplyDelete