Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Day to Remember

Brandon got home from his trip last night (Saturday at 11pm) and I had exciting news for him. I had been keeping this secret for two entire days. I know it seems like a short while however with something this big it seemed like forever. Friday afternoon I found out I was pregnant. Long story short I took a pregnancy test that morning and I read it wrong! It was the clear blue easy one too. I mean who on earth would read that wrong. (it had two blue lines and I guess that means you are pregnant, I did not read the instructions) Later that day I looked at the box and saw that two blue lines meant PREGNANT. I have been wanting to be pregnant for a while now and then I read I was... I freaked out because I was so excited. I had to keep it to myself though (not tell any family until I knew Brandon was home from his work trip). I called my best friend Taylor and told her everything. I knew she would not go blab and ruin everything for me (telling people). Taylor calmed me down so I could go to a family event. Anyways, back to telling Brandon. It was so cute. I had a present waiting for him when he got home. It was a sleeper and bib that said I love dad on it. Brandon opened the package and he was so excited. He actually sat on the couch with me for about 15 minutes telling me how excited he was. I remember he said "we have to get the baby room ready" (like it was tomorrow we were having the baby) It really was super cute. He also said he knew I was.
I thought to myself when Brandon got home what a blessing for him to come home the day before Mother's day. (he could have been gone up to two weeks) I really wanted to tell our family's that next day, how special that would be. A Mother's day never to forget. So we went to church with Brandon's family this morning and then to lunch. Pam opened her gift and then at the end of lunch we handed her a card. Inside the card was a piece of the pregnancy box. She was so excited she cried. I think she thought that this was the best Mother's day gift in the world. Bryan, Brooke and Gran were all there and all excited and they all have great plans already. We have pictures on Pam's camera and I will upload them tomorrow, I forgot my camera and I was so upset about that. So after lunch we called the rest of Brandon's family. Everyone was excited and happy and just thrilled to the bone to have another child in the family. Pam called me tonight also to tell me for now since they do not know if we are having a boy or girl they would just call the baby "SWEET PEA" This is how Pam explained it. The names that Brandon and I have picked out are Paisley and Paxton and since they are both "P's" that is just what they will call the baby OR babies haha I have always wanted a boy and girl at the same time (doubtful though, it is not really in the family).
This afternoon we went to my parent's house for dinner. I went early because I was cooking for the family. Well my mother opened her gift and then later that night Brandon went to like play hit me in the stomach and of course I freaked out. I said "you CAN NOT hit me". Well I had not mentioned anything to my family at this point and everyone was in the kitchen.  So... my brother Jeremy said why are you pregnant? and he was just kidding this was the second or third time he mentioned it today. And I tried to play it off but I had all these emotions and started laughing. So I said okay mom here is your Mother's day card. She said you are pregnant without even opening it. Then she opened it. Mom, Dad, Jeremy and Stormie were all excited. They messed with me all night. They made fun at me and with me and it was all funny (for now) since I am not fat yet. It was all great company and a ton of fun to talk to everyone about the news. Dinner was amazing too. I had two very large brownies and a ton of potatoes... everyone noticed that too. Oh well though right?
I am just so thrilled and blessed to have two wonderful families in my life. Thank you everyone for loving me so much. I love you all back.


Brandon and I
Dad, me and Mom
Me and Mom
Makenzie, Autumn and Misty
Add Jeremy
Jeremy and I
Papa, Dad and Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. We already love Sweet Pea so much!!!!! We are so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete