Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

This week I went to get blood work done on Monday and Wednesday. The doctor called me on Thursday and said my results were back. She told me that my progesterone levels were perfect.

The definition for PROGESTERONE: A steroid hormone secreted by the corpus luteum and by the placenta, that acts to prepare the uterus for implantation of the fertilized ovum, to maintain pregnancy, and to promote development of the mammary glands.

My doctors only concern was that my HCG levels did not double within 48 hours. She had said that she likes them to double within that time frame. I took this as not good news. And was very concerned for my sweet pea in my tummy. She said that my levels started out at 5 thousand and on Wednesday they were 9 thousand. So I did my own research when I got a chance.

This is what I found out with my intense research:

HCG is produced during pregnancy. It is made by cells that form the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall. In general the HCG levels will double every 72 hours. *I guess my doctor just likes it within 48 hours? In a bout 85% of normal pregnancies, the HCG level will double every 48 - 72 hours. Caution must be used in making too much of HCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low HCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby.

So that is my news! Much better after I did my own research on what my doctor was trying to tell me. However my doctor is concerned so please pray for my little one in my belly.

My next appointment is June 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment